FRONT-CLIP HARNESS: Front-clip harnesses are required for most dogs in our classes. If you need a harness, you can add a Freedom No-Pull harness ($27) at the time of registration. The exceptions to this rule include: if your dog is already fitted and established with a head collar (halti, snoot loop, comfort trainer, gentle leader), if your dog is a small breed dog under 20 lbs (a back clip harness will suffice to prevent tripping over the leash), and if your dog is a puppy entering puppy class and you already have a harness currently. Large breed puppies, as they grow and continue in future classes, will eventually switch to a front clip harness to help prevent pulling and trachea strain. *Agility offerings do NOT require a harness.
REGISTRATION: Advance Registration is required for all classes including Puppy Parties. Class times and dates are subject to change at any time. Classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment postponed, or start dates pushed back due to low enrollment, instructor emergencies, or unsafe weather conditions.
VACCINATIONS: Please upload, email, fax or mail your dog’s vaccination certificate for rabies, bordetella and DHLPP to the attention of the Training Class Administrator at the time of registration.
We must have a copy of vaccinations prior to the start of your first class.
Fax: 262-542-8853, Attn: Training Administrator
Mail: HAWS, Attn: Training Adminstrator, 701 Northview Road, Waukesha, WI 53188
Email: [email protected]
PHOTO RELEASE: I give permission to HAWS to use photographs, motion pictures, or videotapes of myself and my dog in publicizing and promoting HAWS’ work.
LIABILITY WAIVER: As a participant in HAWS' training classes, I (we) agree to release The Humane Animal Welfare Society, its instructors and staff, and any other involved individual(s) from any and all liability of any nature, specifically, but not limited to, injury or damage resulting from the action of any animal, including my own, and expressly assume the risk of damage or injury while on the class grounds. I also assume full responsibility for my pet's behavior and actions and understand that the dog must be under control at all times. By submitting payment for classes, I (we) am hereby agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Bordetella Waiver (Optional) - If you choose not to vaccinate for Bordetella, you must read and agree to the following: I understand that Bordetella (Kennel Cough) is a recommended vaccine for any dog coming in close contact with other dogs. I have chosen not to give my pet a Bordetella vaccine. I fully understand the risks of attending a dog training class at the Humane Animal Welfare Society facility. I will not hold HAWS accountable for any illness incurred during the dog training class sessions.
- Freedom No Pull Harnesses are returnable within 30 days, in like new condition with receipt.
- 30% Non Refundable Enrollment Fee
- Enrollment cancelled prior to class start: Class Refund minus 30% Enrollment Fee will be provided. This will include harness cost if not picked up or if picked up and tags not removed.
- Enrollment cancelled after first session of class: no refund will be provided.
- Enrollment cancelled after second session of class: No Refund.
- If you are unable to make it to your scheduled class, we will be happy to reschedule you into another class, or provide a refund less the 30% Non Refundable Enrollment Fee if switched prior to the start of class. If you do reschedule to another class and are unable to attend this class for any reason, we will be unable to reschedule you to a third class and no tuition refund will be given.