HAWS SCHALLOCK CENTER FOR ANIMALS PRIVATE DOG PARK & DOG DOCK
Rules, Terms & Conditions
The purpose of the Dog Park & Dog Dock at the HAWS Schallock Center for Animals (SCA) is to provide a safe, clean environment for dogs to play, exercise, swim and socialize appropriately. The facility is private, to be used by individuals and by reservation only. The rules, terms and conditions listed in this agreement help HAWS and SCA provide the highest level of service to all visitors.
Rules for Dogs
- All dogs must show proof of vaccination for rabies, distemper and bordetella.
- HAWS recommends heartworm and flea and tick preventative, as well as an annual fecal exam.
- HAWS recommends all dogs be spayed or neutered.
- No inhumane treatment of dogs will be allowed.
- Dog owners must remain on site and stay with their dog(s) in the fenced area at all times.
- Dog owners must maintain control of their dog(s) at all times.
- Dogs must enter the property on leash, and a leash should be with you at all times. Wait to unleash your dog(s) until you are both inside the reserved area(s).
- Dogs are not allowed to run loose in the parking lot, or from your car to the reserved area(s).
- Do not bring items that are valuable or irreplaceable.
- HAWS, the SCA and their staff/volunteers are not responsible for loss or damage to personal items, including toys or other objects.
- HAWS reserves the right to ask any dog and owner to exit the SCA grounds, should their behavior be deemed as inappropriate or unsafe.
- Specific to the dog dock, dog life jackets are recommended for all dogs regardless of swimming capabilities.
- HAWS is not able to provide a clean water source for pets. Please bring your own bowl and water for your dog.
Rules for Humans
- Children under the age of 16 must be with an adult at all times, and under direct adult supervision while on SCA property.
- No one under the age of 16 may bring a dog alone to the SCA grounds.
- The SCA grounds must be entered and exited from the designated entrance and exit.
- No access to the house at the SCA will be permitted.
- Children must follow all rules and not be allowed to destroy property. This includes no pulling on, standing on, leaning on any fence or gate, no pulling on or climbing on trees, park equipment, dog training equipment or any other equipment.
- No glass in the park.
- Cigarettes can be lethal to dogs, particularly the butts, as they contain concentrated amounts of nicotine, a dangerous narcotic for dogs. Please dispose of cigarettes properly. Please do not smoke inside the dog park pasture or the enclosed pond area. For fire preventation, there is no smoking anywhere on the property during times of drought.
- Specific to the dog dock, humans are not allowed to swim in the pond. Should an emergency occur, there is a floatation device onsite intended for human use - it will not support animal rescue.
You are responsible for picking up any dog waste left by your dog(s). Please help us keep the SCA clean by using the pet waste stations provided.Removing pet waste immediately reduces the risk of disease transmission,and makes the SCA a cleaner place for everyone.
Terms & Conditions
- I understand that I am solely responsible for any harm caused by my dog(s) while my dog(s) is/are attending the HAWS Schallock Center for Animals and any events held there. I assume all responsibility and liability for any such loss or injury caused directly or indirectly to any person, animal or thing by the act(s) of my dog(s).
- I further understand and agree that in admitting my dog(s) to the HAWS Schallock Center for Animals, the staff has relied on my representation that my dog(s) is in good health and has never harmed or shown inappropriate behavior toward any person or dog.
- I further understand and agree that HAWS, the HAWS Schallock Center for Animals, their staff and volunteers will not be liable for any problems that develop, provided reasonable care and precautions are followed, and I hereby release HAWS, the HAWS Schallock Center for Animals, their staff and volunteers of any liability of any kind whatsoever arising from my dog’s attendance and participation at the HAWS Schallock Center for Animals.
- I further understand, and also agree to defend, indemnify and hold the HAWS Schallock Center for Animals, its members, officers, directors, employees, agents, volunteers, attorneys, contractors and their respective heirs, successors, executors, administrators and assigns harmless against any and all claims, suits, costs, loss, damage, liability, or expense that may arise against it by virtue of any of my dog’s attendance and participation at the HAWS Schallock Center for Animals.
- I further acknowledge and agree that my dog(s) is/are in good health, and not ill with any communicable condition.
- I further acknowledge and agree that my dog(s) has/have up-to-date vaccinations, including rabies, DHPP (D=Distemper, H=Infectious Canine Hepatitis, P=Parainfluenza, P=Parvovirus) and Bordetella (Kennel Cough).
- The HAWS Schallock Center for Animals reserves the right to refuse admittance to any person or dog that does not meet the health, safety or behavior requirements.
- The HAWS Schallock Center for Animals reserves the right to ask a participant and his/her dog(s) to exit and/or not return to the park if their behavior is deemed inappropriate or dangerous to other patrons of the park by the HAWS Schallock Center for Animals staff.
- I assume any and all other risks associated with my and my dog’s attendance at and use of the HAWS Schallock for Animals, including, but not limited to illness, traveling to and from the HAWS Schallock for Animals, falls, contact with other participants or dogs, the effects of weather (including temperature extremes and humidity) and the surface condition of the roads, driveway, sidewalks and trails. All such risks being understood and appreciated by me.
- I agree to comply with all signage to, from and at the Schallock Center for Animals.
- The HAWS Schallock Center for Animals further reserves the right to amend, change, or create these and other rules which may be posted online, and you agree to be bound by any such changes, amendments, or rules.
- Should I not be able to make my selected dog park or dog dock reservation, I understand that my $20 fee will be applied as a donation to HAWS and no refund will be given.
I certify that I have read and understand the rules, terms, and conditions as set forth in this agreement.
By submitting payment, I agree, on behalf of myself and other members of my family listed on this agreement, to abide by the rules and regulations and accept all the terms and conditions and statements of this agreement.